Our specialist team of litigators understand that the insolvency of a business is a stressful time for its owners, its employees and its creditors. We can offer commercially focused advice on:
- Statutory demands
- Winding up petitions
- Claims by liquidators against company directors for misfeasance, breach of directors’ duties and wrongful or fraudulent reading;
- Claims to set aside transactions at an undervalue and preferences; and
- Disqualification of directors.
- Representing the former directors of an insolvent transport company against claims by the liquidator worth over £1m arising from alleged breaches of their duties as directors and the sale of intellectual property rights at an undervalue;
- Applying for an injunction to prevent the presentation of a winding up petition;
- Defending a creditor against a claim to set aide a charge granted in his favour on the grounds that it was preference.
- Successfully defending a winding up petition presented against a top division rugby club;
We offer tailored advice to suit your objectives. Our team represent clients in Devon, Bristol, the South West and throughout the UK. We have experience of resolving disputes informally, through mediation and at trial.
If you require advice on any of these issues please contact us.