Courtney is an Associate Member of CILEx and specialises in debt recovery matters, landlord and tenant disputes and property litigation. Courtney started her legal career in September 2015 and joined Bartons in June 2018.
Examples of Courtney’s recent work includes:
- Representing landlords wishing to recover possession of their properties either due to a tenant’s breach of the tenancy or under Section 21 of the Housing Act 1988.
- Representing tenants in Section 21 Housing Act 1988 proceedings brought by their landlords.
- Advising commercial clients on the prospects of recovering sums lent to borrowers.
- Acting for employees who have taken voluntary redundancy and advising on the settlement agreements.
- Advising clients on their rights and obligations in accordance with covenants attached to their properties.
- Boundary disputes.
- Adverse Possession claims.
Courtney has received the following testimonial from a previous client:
“After 3 years of being continually ‘fobbed off’ and being told that we would have to wait until the time was appropriate for clients to address this problem and obligations to us, we contacted Courtney Chance. Courtney gave us clear legal advice and guidance after having also met with similar resistance as we had with these clients. This gave us the confidence to pursue the matter through the Small Claims Court. Consequently, we are pleased to report that we have received full and final settlement.”
Get in touch…
Direct Tel: +44 (0)1548 858618