Bartons Solicitors advise commercial landlords, commercial tenants and residential landlords in disputes concerning commercial properties in Devon, Bristol, the South West, London and across the UK.
Our dispute resolution team work closely with their colleagues in our property department and external surveyors in order that we can provide you with comprehensive and specialist advice at all stages of property ownership.
In all cases we aim to provide you with clear and commercially focused advice to help you reach a resolution which works for you.
We deal with a wide range of property disputes for commercial landlords including:
- Recovery of rent and service charge arrears;
- Advising on tenants’ breach of the lease including service of section 146 notices and forfeiture (terminating the lease);
- Advising on options at the end of the lease including service of section 25 notices, offering lease renewals and termination of leases at the end of the lease term; and
- Representing clients in disputes over repairing obligations and dilapidations.
We act for commercial tenants in a wide range of disputes including:
- Defending claims for unpaid rent and service charges;
- Advising on section 146 notices, forfeiture and applications for relief from forfeiture;
- Advising on commercial tenants where a landlord seeks to refuse a new tenancy at the end of the lease; and
- Representing tenants in disputes over repairing obligations and dilapidations.
The private rented sector has become subject to increasing levels of regulation in recent years through the introduction of new legislation by successive governments.
Our specialist team of lawyers can help you navigate this difficult area of law in a cost effective way. In many cases we are able to offer fixed fees in order that you have full control over the costs you are incurring.
If you are a residential landlord we can advise you on the eviction of tenants under the Section 21 (no fault) procedure and the section 8 procedure.
We are also experienced in dealing with the eviction of trespassers including the removal of caravans from private land.