Our established Tax and Trusts team advise on a broad range of legal and taxation services to individuals and trustees.
Trusts are one of the most effective and flexible means of ensuring the succession and protection of assets and reduction of tax liabilities. They may be created either during an individual’s lifetime or under their will.
Bartons’ lawyers act for both high networth individuals across the UK and overseas, and for corporate entities in establishing and managing trusts and settlements. They are familiar with handling multi million pound trusts containing large property and share portfolios.
Trusts are effective in:
- Reducing or mitigating exposure to Inheritance Tax
- Reducing or mitigating Capital Gains Tax
- Improving Income Tax position
- Advising on funding for long term care
- Ensuring succession planning
- Passing assets down the generations in a controlled way
- Protecting against the effects of bankruptcy, divorce or death of family members
- Protecting against the effects of the remarriage of the other spouse upon death